New albums that will last…
Photobooks are today’s answer!
A photobook is a stitched book of bound pages of photographs – no sticking in, no corners, no glue to dry up. The pages are printed like any high quality conventional book, so no fading or deterioration. And the advantage of being able to have multiple copies of the book.
Let me put together for you your own personalised lay-flat photo book album and create for you a unique keepsake that you and your relatives will treasure forever!
I can help you at every stage of the process, including scanning your photographs, optimising them to reduce fading and correct the colours, putting the photo book together with titles and captions and even sending you an online virtual proof of the book, for you to approve before it’s printed. See below for the best way top approach this – it’s not as daunting as some think!
Our new lay-flat premium photo book offers a truly professional finish. The photo books are digitally printed on heavy weight 216gsm premium silk paper and then sewn bound for added permanence. The outer cover can also be printed and then gloss laminated for protection. This is a substantial book that far superior to many other photobooks you may have seen.
The lay-flat albums use a unique stitched binding with a flexible hinge which allows for the continuous flow of images over a spread, with almost no central image loss.
Also available is a black tissue-lined presentation box, ideal if the photo book is being given as a gift.
When completed, I’m sure you’ll agree it was well worth the effort and, I can say that with no exceptions, photobooks are always highly appreciated by all and they last indefinitely and so can even be thought of as an heirloom.
So take the first step now! I think it’s easiest to proceed in stages and this is how I recommend going about it:
- Get all the photographs in one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage
- Deliver them or pend them to me by recorded delivery so I can scan them all in high resolution
- I will then send you a link to the optimised images, each will have a reference number
- Adjust the order for photographs to go into photobook
- I will send you a link with the photographs in the corrected order
- Note captions for photos or groups of photos and send to me in an email,Word document or Excel spreadsheet
- When photobook is put together you will see a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval
- Order your photobook
Other elements of the photobook to consider:
- Whether you’d like the book to have a black or white cover and pages
- The front cover photograph
- The front cover title
- Page 1 photograph
- Page 1 title/introduction
If there are various family members interested in such a project, it is a good idea to share the cost of the project so each person gets a finished photobook and cost of production of the book is divided.
I hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to call me on 01825 740986 to discuss further or if you need any further information.
I can guarantee that the completed photobook will be something that you’ll be very glad you went to the effort when completed.
Here is the link to costs of photobooks