It’s easiest to create a photobook in easy stages and this is how we recommend we go about it:
- Get all your photographs in one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage
- Deliver them or send them to us by first class, recorded delivery so we can scan them all in high resolution. Enclose inside the packet all your contact details.
- We will scan and optimise/restore the photos received then send you a link to these images, each will have a reference number
- From this link adjust the order for photographs to go into photobook. If easier we can provide a contact sheet(s) of thumbnail images and reference numbers of each photo.
- We will send you a link with the photographs in the corrected order
- Note captions for photos or groups of photos and send to us in either an email, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet
- When photobook is put together we will send you a link to a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval. We will then make any required adjustments.
- Order your photobook when you are totally happy with the proof
Other elements of the photobook to consider:
- Whether you’d like the book to have a black or white cover and pages
- The front cover photograph
- The front cover title
- The photograph for page 1 (first right hand side page when the book is opened)
- Page 1 title/introduction
If there are various family members interested in such a project, it is a good idea to share the cost of the project so each person gets a finished photobook and cost of production of the book is divided.
We hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to call us on 01825 740986 to discuss further or if you need any further information.
We can guarantee that the completed photobook will be something that you’ll be very glad you went to the effort when completed.