It’s easiest to create a photobook in easy stages and this is how I recommend we go about it:
- Get all your photographs in one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage
- Deliver them or send them to me by first class, recorded delivery so I can scan them all in high resolution. Enclose inside the packet all your contact details.
- I will scan and optimise/restore the photos received then send you a link to these images, each will have a reference number
- From this link adjust the order for photographs to go into photobook. If easier I can provide a contact sheet(s) of thumbnail images and reference numbers of each photo.
- I will send you a link with the photographs in the corrected order
- Note captions for photos or groups of photos and send to me in either an email, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet
- When photobook is put together I will send you a link to a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval. I will then make any required adjustments.
- Order your photobook when you are totally happy with the proof
Other elements of the photobook to consider:
- Whether you’d like the book to have a black or white cover and pages
- The front cover photograph
- The front cover title
- The photograph for page 1 (first right hand side page when the book is opened)
- Page 1 title/introduction
If there are various family members interested in such a project, it is a good idea to share the cost of the project so each person gets a finished photobook and cost of production of the book is divided.
I hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to call me on 01825 740986 to discuss further or if you need any further information.
I can guarantee that the completed photobook will be something that you’ll be very glad you went to the effort when completed.