1. The first step, if you haven’t already, is to gather all of your photographs together in one place. Often our photos are displayed throughout the house, tucked away in drawers or stored in the attic or garage.
2. Once your photos are all together you can go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones.
3. Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical at this stage, as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage.
4. Deliver them or send them to us by Royal Mail tracked and signed-for delivery so we can scan them all in high resolution. Enclose inside the packet all your contact details. For more details about posting your photos to us, click here.
5. We will scan and optimise/restore the photos received and then send you a link to these images, for your approval.
6. At this stage, if you haven’t already sorted the order of the photos, we can send to you a contact sheet(s) of the thumbnail images with the image reference number below each. You can then print this out, cut the thumbnails out and rearrange them into the order you want and attach them onto a new sheet and then scan this or take a photo with your phone. Send this to us and we will re-number the images into your preferred order.
7. We will then send you a new link with the photographs in the corrected order.
8. From here you can note any captions for photos or groups of photos and send these to us, either in an email, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet.
9. It is also a good idea at this stage to consider your options for the style of your photobook. For a full list of our photobook options, click here.
10. We will then go ahead and put together your photobook, and on completion send you a link to a ‘virtual book’ online for checking and approval. We will then make any required adjustments.
11. Order your photobook when you are totally happy with the proof!