New albums that will last… Let me put together for you your own personalised seamless lay-flat VIP photo book album and create for you a unique keepsake that you and your relatives will treasure forever!
I can help you at every stage of the process, including scanning your photographs, optimising them to reduce fading and correct the colours, putting the photo book together with titles and captions and even sending you an online virtual proof of the book, for you to approve before it’s printed. See below for the best way top approach this – it’s not as daunting as some think!
My new lay-flat VIPphoto book offers a truly professional finish and are photographically printed on heavy weight 440gsm photographic lustre paper and then sewn bound for added permanence. The outer cover can also be printed and then laminated for protection. This is a substantial book that far superior to many other photobooks you may have seen.
The seamless lay-flat albums use a unique stitched binding which allows for the continuous flow of images over a spread, with no central image loss.
Comparison of conventional photobook print and my VIP photographic print quality
Seamless lay-flat stitched binding
Also available is a black faux leather presentation box, ideal if the photo book is being given as a gift.
When completed, I’m sure you’ll agree it will have been well worth the effort and, I can say that with no exceptions, our photobooks are always highly appreciated by all and they last indefinitely and so can also be thought of as an heirloom.
So take the first step now! I think it’s easiest to proceed in stages and this is how I recommend going about it:
- Get all your photographs in one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage
- Deliver them or send them to me by first class, recorded delivery so I can scan them all in high resolution. Enclose inside the packet all your contact details.
- I will scan and optimise/restore the photos received then send you a link to these images, each will have a reference number
- From this link adjust the order for photographs to go into photobook. If easier I can provide a contact sheet(s) of thumbnail images and reference numbers of each photo.
- I will send you a link with the photographs in the corrected order
- Note captions for photos or groups of photos and send to me in either an email, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet
- When photobook is put together I will send you a link to a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval. I will then make any required adjustments.
- Order your photobook when you are totally happy with the proof
Other elements of the photobook to consider:
- Whether you’d like the book to have a black or white cover and pages
- The front cover photograph
- The front cover title
- The photograph for page 1 (first right hand side page when the book is opened)
- Page 1 title/introduction
If there are various family members interested in such a project, it is a good idea to share the cost of the project so each person gets a finished photobook and cost of production of the book is divided.
I hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to call me on 01825 740986 to discuss further or if you need any further information.
I can guarantee that the completed photobook will be something that you’ll be very glad you went to the effort when completed.
Here is the link to costs of photobooks