New albums that will last… Let me put together for you your own personalised seamless lay-flat VIP photo book album and create for you a unique keepsake that you and your relatives will treasure forever!
I can help you at every stage of the process, including scanning your photographs, optimising them to reduce fading and correct the colours, putting the photo book together with titles and captions and even sending you an online virtual proof of the book, for you to approve before it’s printed. See below for the best way top approach this – it’s not as daunting as some think!
My new lay-flat VIPphoto book offers a truly professional finish and are photographically printed on heavy weight 440gsm photographic lustre paper and then sewn bound for added permanence. The outer cover can also be printed and then laminated for protection. This is a substantial book that far superior to many other photobooks you may have seen.
The seamless lay-flat albums use a unique stitched binding which allows for the continuous flow of images over a spread, with no central image loss.
Comparison of conventional photobook print and my VIP photographic print quality
Seamless lay-flat stitched binding
CLICK HERE to see the video
of the transformation of a badly deteriorated
photograph album originally lovingly created in 1945
When completed, I’m sure you’ll agree it will have been well worth the effort and, I can say that with no exceptions, our photobooks are always highly appreciated by all and they last indefinitely and so can also be thought of as an heirloom.
I can guarantee that the completed photobook will be something that you’ll be very glad you went to the effort when completed.
So take the first step now! I think it’s easiest to proceed in stages and this is how I recommend going about it:
- Get all your photographs in one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them in to some kind of order – the order is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order at a later stage
- Deliver them or send them to me by first class, recorded delivery so I can scan them all in high resolution. Enclose inside the packet all your contact details.
- I will scan and optimise/restore the photos received then send you a link to these images, each will have a reference number
- From this link adjust the order for photographs to go into photobook. If easier I can provide a contact sheet(s) of thumbnail images and reference numbers of each photo.
- I will send you a link with the photographs in the corrected order
- Note captions for photos or groups of photos and send to me in either an email, a Word document or an Excel spreadsheet
- When photobook is put together I will send you a link to a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval. I will then make any required adjustments.
- Order your photobook when you are totally happy with the proof
Other elements of the photobook to consider:
- Whether you’d like the book to have a black or white cover and pages
- The front cover photograph
- The front cover title
- The photograph for page 1 (first right hand side page when the book is opened)
- Page 1 title/introduction
If there are various family members interested in such a project, it is a good idea to share the cost of the project so each person gets a finished photobook and cost of production of the book is divided.
I hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to call me on 01825 740986 to discuss further or if you need any further information.
CUSTOMER PHOTOBOOK TESTIMONIALS
“Five years ago, Richard restored, enlarged and framed a number of very old and dogeared family photos, some from as far back as the 1880’s. He did a brilliant job. So when we had the idea of a family history photobook we naturally turned to him for help and advice. Over the last year we have worked with Richard and his daughter Amy to restore and edit around 175 photographs and create an illustrated family history. The photo restoration work was never in doubt but what really struck us this time was the quality of the design and layout of the album, combining very old sepia toned photos with modern, colour digital prints together with a significant amount of explanatory text. One friend described the finished product as “a work of art” and the whole family is mightily impressed. We now have a wonderful photographic record for posterity and are very grateful to Richard for making this possible and for his never-ending patience throughout the project – Many thanks Richard”
“Yesterday I received the two, completed albums and very handsome indeed they look!
Many thanks for all your thoughtful, meticulous work in putting the album together. My sister has only just arrived back in the UK after many years living abroad. I am sure she will love her album and appreciate the work that has gone into it.”
“The photo book arrived this morning. It is everything I hoped for, thank-you so much!”
“Just to say my husband loved the book, there were photos he had never seen and to be able to see them enlarged and beautifully presented was a very, very pleasant surprise. So thank you once again.”
Here is the link to costs of photobooks