Many of my customers have told me how they’d had difficulty confronting the task of sorting out their photographs which have piled up over the years, so I hope you find this helpful.
I’ve found that once I actually start a job that has been difficult to face, it’s always much easier and quicker that I thought it would be and invariably I actually enjoy the process, getting a good sense of satisfaction when it’s all done.
For example if you like the idea of having modern photo-books that will last forever with no deterioration, no loose photographs falling out and also a book of the family photographs that your relatives can easily have their own copy of then read on…..
It’s easiest to break the project into smaller manageable stages….
- Gather all your photographs together into one place
- Make a specific time to sit and go through them to separate the worthwhile ones from the not so worthwhile/duplicates/irrelevant ones
- Put them into some kind of order – this is not critical as it’s very easy to change the order after scanning
- Have the selected photographs digitally scanned – these can be put into separate “folders” if required
- After scanning think about captions and or groups for the photos
- Work out a suitable order for your photographs to go into the new photo-book
- When your photo-book has been put together you will see a ‘virtual book’ on line for checking and approval
- Order your photo-book(s) – this can be the relevant size/number of pages to suit the photographs in question.You may find it easier to divide the photos into several smaller books to keep sections separate (dates/places/content)
If there are various family members interested in your project, it is often the case that the overall cost can be shared so each person gets a finished photo-book and the cost of production of the book split several ways.
I hope this is helpful – don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss any aspect further or if you need any further information – I can help you at every stage.
I can also assure you that the final photo-book will be something that you’ll truly treasure and you’ll be so glad you went to the effort to get it made.